The 608 CSK
July 3, 2017
Meal 1: Panzanella (Bread Salad) w. Fennel Soup
· Toast the crutons in a saute pan or on a cookie sheet in an oven. Toast lightly until just crisped but still soft inside.
· Remove the garlic scapes from the greens bag. Chop coarsely and saute in a little oil or butter. Transfer the remainder of the salad to a serving bowl. Add the warm crutons and the hot scapes. Dress, toss and serve. This salad is great garnished w/ additional items like cheese, canned beans, sardines, etc.
· Serve the soup chilled or gently warmed.
Meal 2: Farfalle w. Snap Peas, Bacon and Ricotta, Blue Moon Lettuce Salad, Beets w/ Cucumber and Fennel.
· Remove the ricotta and reserve
· Heat the peas and their accompaniments in a saute pan. 1-2 minutes. Don't over cook the peas.
· Microwave the pasta briefly to get the chill out and then fold into the pan with the peas. Toss to dress. Add the ricotta, toss, season, and serve.
· Dress the salad.
· Serve the beets chilled.