July 25, 2017
Meal 1: Braised Cabbage, New Potatoes & Green Beans w/ Lardons, French Lentils w/ Pistu, and Green Lettuce Salad
· Remove the bacon lardons and heat them in a pan with a little added fat. Reserve.
· Warm the braised vegetables gently. When heated through, top with the lardons and serve.
· Warm the lentils gently and stir in the pistu ( French garlic/parsley pesto). A real Francophile will unabashedly garnish this with a little heavy cream or shaved hard cheese. Or both.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Eggplant Dal w/ Cauliflower, Cucumber-Yogurt Salad, Broccoli Sauteed w/ Spices .
· Warm the dal gently, folding in the cauliflower and allowing to heat through.
· The cucumbers are best chilled.
· Heat the broccoli in a pan with a little oil heated over medium high heat. Stir and fry. Be careful as some of the seeds might pop and fly out of the pan! Use a lid and a little water to speed the cooking process, but do allow the broccoli to brown a little, turn bright green, and become tooth tender in the stem. 2-4 minutes.