The 608 CSK
Meal 1: White Bean and Escarole Soup, Whole Wheat, Rye and Flax Bread, Snug Haven Spinach Salad
· Heat the soup gently allowing it to simmer a minute or two.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress the Salad.
Meal 2: Fried Brown Rice w/ Fresh Sprouts, Savoy Cabbage and Egg, Baked Tofu, & Stir Fried Diakon and Carrot.
· Cut the tofu into chunks to incorporate with the rice OR heat briefly in a microwave or an oven.
· Heat a satue pan over medium high and allow to get hot. If using a non-stick pan heat with some oil in the pan. Otherwise, add some oil to the hot pan, and when the oil is nearly smoking add the rice. Larger share sizes should do this in batches.
· Give the rice a shake or two but allow to cook without stirring for 2 minutes. Stir and then allow to cook a few minutes more undisturbed. Stir and fold to heat through then serve.
· Reheat the pan to almost smoking and turn in the diakon/carrot. Stir, add salt and serve immediately.