Meal 1: Big Fat Turnip Perogie (D), Kohlrabi &Dill Salad (D) Red Butterhead Lettuce Salad.
(D) = Dairy
• Heat a generous portion of butter in a saute pan over medium heat. When the bubbles settle add the perogies and fry each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Its OK to flip back and forth to get the right crispy doneness. I also tilt them up to fry the back edge too. Serve with yogurt or sour cream, and if your are so inclined, some caramelized onions.
• Serve the kohlrabi chilled.
• Dress and serve the salad.
Meal 2: Soupe de Chou, French Lentils with Garlic Scapes (D), Salad of Pea Shoots, Fennel, Snap Peas and Cucumber.
• Warm the soup.
• Warm the lentils gently. Adjust the seasoning.
• Dress the salad lightly with white wine or similar vinegar and good olive oil plus S & P. Never underestimate the importance of seasoning a salad of greens. You could dress this salad up with a drizzle of something sweet too like pomegranate molasses, aged balsamic, or even honey. But just a little bit.
|Its a little head of lettuce, not a giant hand.|