• Serve the slaw and beets chilled.
• Stir the fritter batter and season it with a little salt. We omitted salt to prevent wateriness. If the batter is too tight (dry) add a DROP or two of water. If it is too runny, add a little flour or corn meal. It is a fairly stiff batter. • Heat a generous amount of oil in a saute pan - nonstick is easiest. Plan for 3 fritters per person. Dollop heaping tablespoons of batter into the hot oil and fry over medium high heat until the edges brown - about 2 minutes. Flip them carefully and cook the opposite sides. Reserve until all are cooked and serve.
Meal 2: Sweet Onion Bisque (D), Summercrisp Lettuce Salad, Steamed Broccoli w/ Pickled onions and Sunflower Seeds.
• Serve the soup gently warmed
• Serve the broccoli at room temp.
• Dress and serve the salad.