Meal 1: Summer Borscht, Live Cucumber Salad, New Potatoes with Dill Butter
• Remove the cold butter pat from the potato dish. Reserve. Place the potatoes in a steamer basket or just in a sauce pan with a centimeter or so of water in the bottom. Bring up to a simmer and cover. Allow the potatoes to steam for 5-10 minutes. Test one with the point of a knife. It should be tender and warm. Drain the potatoes and toss them in a serving dish with the butter allowing it to coat the potatoes. Sprinkle with some salt and serve.
• Serve the borscht chilled. Top with yogurt or sour cream if you like.
• Serve the cuke salad chilled.
Meal 2: Roasted Fennel and Chevre Flan, Escarole Salad, Sautéed Summer Squash with Snap Peas and Basil
• The flan is very good at room temp, or warm it very gently in the oven at 275 -300 for maybe 20 minutes. It should not sizzle, bubble, or toast at all.
• Heat the veggies in a sauté pan with a little olive oil. Toss and allow to heat through for a full minute or two. Serve.
• Dress and serve the salad.