Meal 1: Pad Thai, Curried Carrots, and Sticky Rice Bundles
· Heat the rice in its wrapper in a microwave accompanied by a shallow dish of water or better yet, heat them in a steamer basket of some kind. .
· Heat the carrots on the stovetop.
· For the Pad Thai: 1) Rinse the noodles in a colander and drain very well. 2) Heat some oil in a large sauté pan. Non stick is OK. Add the noodles carefully. They will spit and try to cause trouble. Be strong! Stir fry them a minute or two. Add the meaty looking ‘sauce’ portion of the dish and a splash of water. Stir well to heat through and incorporate evenly. Transfer to a serving dish. 3) Reheat the pan with some oil and stir fry the veggies/ egg/ sprouts and serve atop the noodles.
Meal 2: Split Pea Soup with Root Vegetables, Poppy Seed Challah, Organic Red Leaf Lettuce Salad
· Warm the Challah in the oven.
· Warm the soup on the stovetop. You will need to thin it with some water and adjust the seasoning. Stir it gently to avoid damaging the vegetables.
· Dress and serve the salad.