The 608 CSK
May 14, 2019
Meal 1: Panzanella (Bread Salad) of Challah Croutons, Spinach, Baby Kale, Bibb Lettuce and Garnishes and Savory Rhubarb Custard
· Warm the custard gently at 300° for 10 to 20 minutes depending on share size. Perfectly good at room temp too.
· Lightly toast the croutons in the oven and toss with the greens and garnishes. Dress, season and serve.
· Separate out the spinach and kale from the lettuce and garnishes. Don't worry about being perfect. Arrange the lettuce and garnishes on a platter. Thinly slice the radish. Heat a little oil or fat over medium in a large sauté pan. Add the croutons and turn to toast on each side. Larges shares should work in batches. When toasted, Add the spinach and kale atop the croutons. Fold together and allow to just begin to wilt. Splash with dressing ( olive oil and balsamic is great). Allow to sizzle a bit. Toss and turn out atop the plattered greens and serve.
Meal 2: Miso Hot Pot with Spring Vegetables and Udon Noodles, Ginger Roasted Diakon
· Heat the miso in a saucepan. Allow to come to just under a simmer. Do not allow to boil. Add the vegetables. Transfer the noodles to serving bowls. After 2 or so minutes of veggies in the soup, ladle the soup over the noodles in each bowl and enjoy.
· Finish the radish in a sauté pan with a little butter or oil over medium/ medium/low. Toss, allow to cook through using a lid to speed the process. 2-3 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve.