Meal 1: Penne w/ Summer Saute, Pesto Chevre, and Oil Cured Tomatoes, Green Salad, & Sicilian Cauliflower.
· Warm the penne in the microwave to get the chill out.
· Toss the cauliflower in a saute pan with a little olive oil if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, which we omitted, and transfer to a serving plate.
· Reserve the pesto chevre. Heat the veggies and tomato in a saute pan with a little olive oil if necessary. When hot, add the noodles and toss to dress evenly. Add a little olive oil if need be. Fold in knobs of chevre and serve.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Sweet Corn Tamales, Pinto Bean-Corn Salad, Latin Cole Slaw
· Warm the tamales. A microwave works great. You can also steam them for 5-8 minutes in a steamer basket. Also, and what I do, is to pan fry them in a generous helping of fat ( butter is great ) in a non stick pan. About 2 minutes per side to brown them nicely. Out of this world with a little yogurt and chopped tomato.
· Serve the bean salad at room temp or you can heat it in the skillet - yum!
· Toss the slaw and season it with salt, which we omitted.