Meal 1: Snug Haven Spinach Stuffed Cannelloni, Flax-Semolina Bread, Raw Winter Vegetables and Kumquat Salad.
· Pre-heat the cannelloni for a minute or two in the microwave. Ditto the jar of sauce. Top the cannelloni with the sauce and transfer to a 400° oven to heat through. 12-20 minutes depending on share size. If the sauce bubbles, its done.
· Warm the bread in the oven.
· Remove the kumquat and slice crosswise thinly. Toss into the salad with olive oil, salt, pepper and maybe a splash of light vinegar such as champagne, white wine, cider or white balsamic.
Meal 2: Morel Risotto w Roasted Celeriac and Smoked Blue Cheese, Sauteed Winter Spinach, and Root Vegetables w/ Lemon and Herbs
· Remove the garnish from the jar. Place the risotto in a sauce pan and add about 3/4 the volume of rice worth of stock, milk, or water to the pan with the rice. Heat to a simmer over medium high heat stirring lightly to prevent burning or sticking. Add liquid if necessary, but a thick porridge with the rice cooked through with no remaining raw starch inside is the goal. Taste them to be sure. All told only 2-5 minutes should do it. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, especially if you used water to finish the risotto.
· At the last minute stir in the celeriac dice and serve hot with the cheese crumbled on top.
· Turn out the root veg and their dressing into a heated saute pan and saute until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Finish with a knob of butter if you like. I like.
· Saute the spinach in a hot pan with a little oil or butter, salt and pepper.
Taste a piece of the spinach raw, you will be amazed.